Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am disabled and in a wheelchair. On several occasions, I

I am disabled and in a wheelchair. On several occasions, I have had extreme dificulty opening the doors to get into or out of public restrooms at a retail store and hotel. I was actually trapped in one at a major hotel as the door closre was so strong, I could not get out and had to wait for someone to come in so I could get out. Am I entitled to damages in either of these scenarios?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

The main problem you're going to face is that you don't really have any money damages due to these incidents. However, I'm sure each event was an embarrassment to you.

Your only real chance to make any headway is to file a complaint against these businesses under the ADA if its bathrooms are not up to ADA code: See part 4.21.

An attorney should be willing to take the case if there is some violation under the ADA.

My suggestion is that you gather some facts with regard to whether the doors/bathrooms meet ADA requirements, and if they do not, you should see an attorney.