Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

our employee quit her job a month ago. now I find that she

our employee quit her job a month ago. now I find that she took our customer list which took us 16 years to build, and financial information about the company. I think she plans to use it to start her own company or sell it to a competitor. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

You absolutely have the right to sue this person for taking your customer list, which is a protected business asset. Also, if the person begins to contact your customers, you can sue for intentionally interfering with your business.

My suggestion is that you have an attorney write the employee a letter demanding that he/she return the customer list, and if they fail to do so, you will sue for stealing your business product.