Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

went thru traffic stop, no violations told I look neverous

went thru traffic stop, no violations told I look neverous called for a drug dog. 53 minutes later dog came barked found a pot roach. took me to jail last night no chrges have been filed,no bond,no court hearing said this would all happen after the holiday maybe Tues. is this legal?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
If this happened at a road block, the burden of probable cause is pretty easy to establish. If the officer testifies that you looked suspicious, that's likely enough.

You'll just have to wait and see if you are charged.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

thank you for answering so quickly. is it legal to keep me in jail till Tuesday with no bond set or charges? (Friday til Tuesday)

Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Yes, this is possible if no judge I'd available because if the holiday.

However, if you hire a lawyer, he/she may be able to get in touch with one to get you to bond out. That's one perk that a lawyer may be able to do.

Edited by Adam Kirk on 7/3/2010 at 2:59 PM EST