Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My son was pulled over for DWI, this is his 2nd one in 2 years.

My son was pulled over for DWI, this is his 2nd one in 2 years. He has lost his job, due to all the running around the court has him doing this week and he's getting nowhere with his public defender. I'm trying to stay out of this because he needs to learn from this. Is there some kind of advise you can give me?

The following link lists the penalties for a second DWI in New York:

The best thing you can do is try to help your son get an attorney to represent him and work our a deal with the prosecutor that will keep him out of jail and his fine as low as possible.

Also, the attorney should be able to work out an agreement where your son can hold a hardship license during the 1 year license suspension. A hardship license will allow him to drive for work, doctor visits, grocery shopping, etc.