Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Im a owner in an HOA community and paid my fee on June 17th

I'm a owner in an HOA community and paid my fee on June 17th in person and received a receipt. My cars were towed this morning (July 1) and HOA refuses to reimburse me for the fee. At first they lost the check and told me to speak to their attorney. I spoke to the attorney who never received the check to clear my account. Now I have additional fees associated with the account plus towing. I thought since I had turned in my check and received a receipt that once they accepted the payment that they could not continue with any further actions because the account had been satisfied. The attorney then tells me that they mailed the check out to them yesterday, which of course I do not believe. I believe they just found the check and are mailing it today because it took the HOA lady over 4 hours to figure out what happened and still refuse to take responsibility for towing. Do I have a strong case to file a civil suit to get back my towing fees of $350; since they accepted payment and 2 weeks later tow the vehicle?

Yes, you do have a valid claim to be reimbursed for the cost of towing your vehicle because it was illegally towed!!

The moment you turn over the money and they accept it, you're back in good standing.

You can seek reimbursement of this money by filing a claim in small claims court.