Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I filed a short term disability claim in March 2010 and was

I filed a short term disability claim in March 2010 and was notified that my claim was denied due to pre-existing condition. Who can I contact to help me file an appeal. My employer is of no assistance.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Hi - I practice in Tennessee.

If the insurance company for your employer denied the claim, you need to get a copy of the plan summary or policy to determine how to appeal a denied claim and to file appeals in a timely manner. Most policies do make allowances for late appeals if an individual is incapacitated or is otherwise unable to file an appeal.

You'll have to go through the administrative process first. If the appeal is denied administratively, you can then seek help by filing suit in your county circuit court (you would need to consult an attorney for that).