How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

yesterday, i tried to add my 8 year old nephew to my hoa account

This answer was rated:

yesterday, i tried to add my 8 year old nephew to my hoa account because he will be living with me beginning this weekend. the hoa denied me and said i had to prove residence. since he is so young and doesnt get mail, im not sure how to prove this. what can i do?
Thank you for your question.

Do you have legal guardianship of the child?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no, not yet. he'll be living with me until my brother gets his living situation under control. (His house is going to foreclosure)
I see.

Hmm, that is the problem--the HOA wants to make sure that the nephew is lawfully living with you. That means that you must either provide them with custodial or a guardianship decree, or with a letter from your brother permitting you to have emergency guardianship. I assume that is what your HOA is ultimately seeking.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 7/1/2010 at 7:18 AM EST
Dimitry K., Esq. and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you