Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

I have entered in contract with Consultant to fight with city

I have entered in contract with Consultant to fight with city in order to reduce my real property tax bills in October 2008. contract was for year 2009, 2010. Consultant was fraud company never asked me anything besides contract. no conversation until they send the invoice !
Meantime i approached an attorney who in turn in person represented me before city and got reduced tax bills ! I paid him as agreed , city has name of attorney on record representing me and not the Consultant who just got signed contract from me. Now the junk consultant company is dragging me to arbitration and asking us to pay !!! my attorney who in real got my tax bill reduced I have paid him as agreed and he is ready to be my witness.

What i have to do ?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You would present at arbitration.They are claiming a written contract and that you didn't pay.You are claiming they breached by not making good faith effort to represent you here in this matter.You need to bring all your evidence here--make copies for everyone.Make sure you bring anything you think relevant here.Overall you have good facts here ot contest with lawyer witness.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we belive that Agreement is invalid because the date of execution metnioned in the agreement itself is Octpber 2009 and this was signed in October 2008 (may be an error) in view of this we consider the agreement is invalid and thereby this binding arbitration or any other consequtial effects of the agreement are null & void.

If they want arbitration under this agreement they have to take us to the court in order to valdidate this agreement and arbitration.

Can we take this stand ?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Sure thats a great preliminary issue as it may determine the outcome.It forces a ruling on whether there is even a contact in existence.Thats a material discrepancy.