Cedric, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer with several years of litigation experience in civil and criminal law.

My son just turned 18-He will be a Senior in High School and

My son just turned 18-He will be a Senior in High School and has no job. He has a girlfriend who is also 18, quit school, no job and they have a 5 month old child. She just got an apartment and wants my son to live with her. I share joint custody with his father and he currently lives with his father. Father does not approve as well as I do not approve. I see there is no emancipation law for Colorado. My son says he is going to move out...Is there anything we can do to stop this? In our Divorce decree, we share joint custody. There is no child support now that son currently lives with his dad, there was one when he lived with me. I am paying child's health insurance and pay half of all bills with his dad. The only other stipulation in the decree is everything stops when he graduates high school or gets married. Advise please. Thanks

No, unfortunately if he's 18, he can move out.

If you believe he and his girlfriend aren't fit parents, you can petition the court for continued custody of your great granddaughter.