Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

What is UCC filing

What is UCC filing?
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. A UCC filing is the equivalent of a security interest in personal property as a lien is for real property. The UCC-1...which is the form for a UCC filing is filed with the Secretary of State in which the transaction took place and where the personal property is located that indicates that a debt is secured by certain personal property.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

So if I live in the state of NC and file a UCC filing online in the state of Kentucky, would this be legitimate. Im filing the UCC on my children so that they will not be wards of the state of NC.

Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.
I'm not exactly sure of the context in which you wish to make a UCC filing. I'm going to opt out and refer you to another of the JustAnswer experts.