Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor
Experience:  College Instructor

what do I do with my son when he has been thrown out of sc

Customer Question

what do I do with my son when he has been thrown out of school(college)?
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 6 years ago.

If he has been thrown out of college for some reason, you should look as to why this happened which will help you and your so determine the right path for him. If it was grades, maybe college is not the right place for him. Many people don't thrive in college because they jobs that colleges prepare us for are mostly desk jobs and a lot of colege is centered on that. Many people don't want to do that in life and he should go out and see if a vocational school is a better fit for him. He can choose anything from plumbing to car mechanics to painting. He can get an apprenticeship and then go straight to work. If he doesn't like it later on, college will always be an option.

Another option is to apply to a different college if the location is the problem. Different colleges have different cultures and location can make a difference.

I would bet a culmination of these two is the answer to your problems but the most important thing is to let him make the decision and his own choices. Once he follows his own path, he will be much happier in what he chooses.