Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I live in fairfax va and my daughter has a protective order

Customer Question

I live in fairfax va and my daughter has a protective order against her daughters father. in the order he gets 3 hours of visitation on sundays supervised by me at my home also my daughters home. he has appealed her protective order. last week he summond me to a wed motion in family court to change the location of visitation under my daughters protective order, it was thrown out due to he filed in the wrong court. now this week he summoned me again to civil court to change the location of visitation under my daughters protective order. can he take me to court under my daughters protective order? my daughter has custody of the child not me??? I also want to know if i can press harresment charges against him??
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You are not a party here.I am not sure that he can summon you or that the court would grant this anyway.But you will have to go here and argue against it and see what the judge says.And the mother here should be made a part of hearing.They will not take this up without her.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yea the court clerk told me it might be a ploy for him to see my daughter which to me is harresment. CAN i FILE harrassment charges on him?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
If you take a lawyer here you can ask for lawyer fees and costs.Otherwise he has right to hearing here.I don't think you can get anywhere here with harassment.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
not helpful info
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Good luck here