loeblaw
loeblaw, Attorney
Experience:  Trial Atty---NY, NJ & Fed Courts, Owner of law office for 10+ years--Recently joined this Site
17370926

One grandmother is being denied visitation by the other grandmother.

One grandmother is being denied visitation by the other grandmother. She has court ordered custody of two of three grandchildren. The parents were not allowed to visit without passing a drug test. They now are residing with the grandmother who has custody of the two youngest boys. What can the grandmother do to get visitation rights reestablished? She was allowed to see the boys while they were under the supervision of child welfare.
Expert:  loeblaw replied 6 years ago.
The other grandmother is going to have to make a motion to the court in the county that the children reside for visitation rights and prove to the hearing judge that visitation is in the best interest of the children.

PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE

As your question has been answered, please click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Clicking ACCEPT does not generate additional charges but only indicates your question was answered. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid so I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you please click ACCEPT. Additionally, note that BONUSES and positive feedback are GREATLY appreciated. Should you need additional information or have additional questions please feel free to send me a question personally.

NOTICE: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) We have not established an attorney-client relationship and none shall be established absent a separate agreement; (2) my communications are based upon my analysis and opinions and based upon general legal principles which may differ from the law in your jurisdiction; (3) For specific legal advise you should obtain a legal opinion and representation from an attorney in good standing licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where valid jurisdiction exists for your legal issue; (4) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

Expert:  loeblaw replied 6 years ago.
PLEASE HONOR THE HONOR CODE

REMINDER:
As your question has been answered, I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX you click ACCEPT so that I can receive credit for the answer and you can receive credit for your question. Even if you left a deposit the only way I am credited with giving you an answer is if you press ACCEPT. We do not receive a salary; this is the only way we get paid, we do not receive a salary. You should also note that statistics are kept on accepted answers and seen by adviser, if you do not accept it might affect the likelihood of getting future questions answered.