Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

In the State of New Jersey, as a defendant in a Civil Action

In the State of New Jersey, as a defendant in a Civil Action Complaint, and just after filing the Answer along with a counterclaim,and realizing that an article of my demands was left out of my counterclaims closeing. . How can one add an article to a counterclaim.? is such a thing possable , or even heard of..Perhaps a form filed?? and if so could you inform me of what form, or process? Sincerely
Chat Conversation Started
Lucy, Esq. :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Lucy, Esq. :

You can actually amend your answer.

Lucy, Esq. :

Because you have counterclaims, you can only amend your Answer before the plaintiff responds to them.

Lucy, Esq. :

So, all you have to do is take the Answer, add what is missing, change the title to "Amended Answer," and then serve a copy on the plaintiff and file it with the court.

even if it is actually in the counterclaim to the answer?

Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Yes. As long as you file the amended pleading before they reply to the Complaint, under Rule 4.9, it's allowed. They will get additional time to respond - 20 days from whenever you file the amended answer and counterclaim.