MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.

I am a recent Landlord in Arizona that has had to evict some

I am a recent Landlord in Arizona that has had to evict some tenants, I jut found out today even after sending the City of Glendale the lease we had with the evicted tenenats they will not turn on water service because the people leasing the house has not paid 3 months of water. The water bill is in the name of the tenants not me and they are asking us to pay it before they turn it back on, is this a common practice in Arizona and can this be overruled
Expert:  MShore replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the post, yes this is a common practice, your recourse is to pay for the water service then seek compensation from the evicted tenants.