How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask P. Simmons Your Own Question
P. Simmons
P. Simmons, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33802
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
Type Your Legal Question Here...
P. Simmons is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help in writing a plead guilty letter to judge. Could

Resolved Question:

I need help in writing a plead guilty letter to judge. Could you please review my letter below and have some recommendation?

Dear Sir or Madam:

During my traveling in Montana on June 17, 2010, I have got 2 citations one for speeding (510 A158340 E) and the other for driving with expired driver license (510 A158341 E). Since I am from out of state. It is very difficult for me to appear in Gallatin County Justice court on June 29, 2010.

In this trip, I did not plan to drive at all but unfortunately, we had to wait 7 hours for our bags at Boise International airport, therefore we had to drive 7 hours overnight to Big sky, MT to catch the trip plan. After long driving overnight, my friend got very tried so I decided to switch to drive to let him sleep for about an hour. After driving for 15 minutes in 55 mph speed limited, I decided to pass a slower car in front of our car; in a result I drove 65mph. When I passed that car, I just saw the first construction sign. I realized immediately that I needed to slow down to 35 mph in construction zone. By the time, I decided to slow down; I got pull over before I could slow down to 35 mph.

Since I have driven in US for more than 8 years, I got only two speeding citations (only 11 mph over speed limit for both) not include these two citations. My last citation was in 2004. I think I am a very good driver. I completely do not intend to have any traffic violation. In this case, I do understand that I have done wrong and I will not drive again until I get my new driver license. I do not ask you to lower the fine or dismiss the case. I was wondering that if it possible for me to plead guilty for driving with expired driver license by mail since I am from out of state.

I, , hereby plead guilty for both violations and attach the appearance bonds ($105 check and $235 check) in leiu of court appearance with this letter including copies of the citations.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely;
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, does the ticket you have state you must appear? Or will they allow you to plea and pay by mail? Or do you know?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have talked to court that I must appear and they said that I can write a letter to judge about this ticket.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.

In that case, I think the letter is fine. There are a few typos, but, frankly, I do not think that hurts you at all...I think it will help show the judge your honesty in this matter. I read the letter and get a good picture of you and would want to help if I could.


P. Simmons and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you