NewYorkLaw101
NewYorkLaw101, Attorney
Experience:  10 years civil litigation, no-fault, personal injury, premise liability and municipality law
16553590

Is there a grace period to getting a Pennsylvania state inspection

Customer Question

Is there a grace period to getting a Pennsylvania state inspection sticker after having a windshield replaced?
Expert:  xavierjd replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Unfortunately, there is no grace period in Pennsylvania for getting a state inspection sticker after having a windshield replaced. You must have your vehicle re-inspected immediately after having the repair done. Some private inspection stations are even available on Saturdays, but you should call ahead.

I hope you find this information useful and that you PRESS THE GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I can get credit for answering the question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Interesting I saw on the Penndot information website that there is a 5 day grace period.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Interesting I saw on the Penndot information website that there is a 5 day grace period. Why would you have to have an "already inspected" car reinspected? Did you even look this up?
Expert:  NewYorkLaw101 replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using Just Answer
There is no need to have your vehicle reinspected, instead return to the place who inspected the vehicle and they should be able to give you a replacement sticker - According to the PA Safety Inspections, a n inspection station may charge for this service. Inspection stations that opt to charge for sticker replacements may charge no more than $4 to replace a safety inspection sticker and no more than $4.40 to replace an emissions inspection sticker.
Now the normal grace period on expired inspection tickets is 10 days - I am unable to find any information as to the 5 day grace period -
Hope this helps
have a great day
please remember to press ACCEPT
NewYorkLaw101, Attorney
Experience: 10 years civil litigation, no-fault, personal injury, premise liability and municipality law