Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney

I am in the midst of a dispute with my landlord. I have decided

I am in the midst of a dispute with my landlord. I have decided to move out. I have a lease agreement dated March 2008 to March 2009. She never sent me a new lease after that. I gave her 30 day notice, but she insists I have to give a 60 day notice per the terms of the original lease. IF that lease expired in March 2009 and was never renewed, I am still obligated to give her 60 days notice.
I am sorry you are going through this.

She is clearly wrong. The original lease expired and the lease converted to a month to month. You have to give 30 days notice. Conversely, she would have to give you 60 days notice if she wanted you to move out but that is because California law protects tenants. You may want to refer her to the Landlord's Handbook available here:

Good luck.