Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I was divorced 1987.. in California.. Property settlement

I was divorced 1987.. in California.. Property settlement stated that i pay Ex Wife
$3000 for her interest (one half of down payment on mobile home) and that I was awarded
the mobile home. The property settlement does not identify the mobile home specifically.
The Office that issues Titles refuses to grant me title of the Mobile home, because it was not identified in property settlement. That office requires an court order or signature of ex-wife on olf title. I contacted ex-wife's daughter who stated in Facebook E-mail that she passed on contact information to her Mom and later apologized for her home refusing to contact me for resolution of problem. How do I get a court or will it be necessary for me to sue ex-wife?
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

You may consider bringing a contempt action to compel your ex to adhere to the order and sign the documents necessary to transfer the mobile home

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how she has violated them.

You can typically pick the forms up at the clerk of the court's office and file them yourself.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.