How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was divorced 1987.. in California.. Property settlement

Resolved Question:

I was divorced 1987.. in California.. Property settlement stated that i pay Ex Wife
$3000 for her interest (one half of down payment on mobile home) and that I was awarded
the mobile home. The property settlement does not identify the mobile home specifically.
The Office that issues Titles refuses to grant me title of the Mobile home, because it was not identified in property settlement. That office requires an court order or signature of ex-wife on olf title. I contacted ex-wife's daughter who stated in Facebook E-mail that she passed on contact information to her Mom and later apologized for her home refusing to contact me for resolution of problem. How do I get a court or will it be necessary for me to sue ex-wife?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

You may consider bringing a contempt action to compel your ex to adhere to the order and sign the documents necessary to transfer the mobile home

Generally speaking, when someone violates the court orders they are considered to be in contempt of court. To enforce your rights you will need to file a motion for contempt (may also be called an motion to show cause). In that motion you indicate what the orders are and how she has violated them.

You can typically pick the forms up at the clerk of the court's office and file them yourself.

I hope that the information which I provided was helpful to you.
Ellen and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you