Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

i own a camp that is placed about 100 or so feet back from

i own a camp that is placed about 100 or so feet back from the waterfront. i am supposed to own 10 ft of the waterfront and i was told that i had use of 10 ft of the existing pier. the person that owns the camp nearer the water has built a porch that partially obstructs my view and is now building a canopy for his golf carts and seems to have other projects underway. do i have any rights to the view that i had when i first bought the place or any cause of action against this person?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.You need to have local lawyer review your deed here to see exactly what you do own.And it may take a survey to verify.If this is your property then you would have great lawsuit for damages and to force them to move.But it just depends what the deed and survey say about property line.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what if he does own the land in question and still is building in a way that blocks my view of the water.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
then unless there are deed restrictions here--and there may well be then he can build it.Certainly you would want to look at these and county my have ordinance or other restrictions as well.You just need to dig into this--see if any permitting is required and if they have it here--you can sick county inspectors on them if no permits.