D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Attorney
Experience:  10+years of experience in all matters of civil litigation and Hearing Officer/Arbitrator
18858452

My docot says I can do light duty , but I am willing to stay

My docot says I can do "light duty", but I am willing to stay home for a week without pay, can I approach my employer with this suggestion? Is it legal, and will it interfere with my claim? If I stay home without pay voluntarily, is my employer allowed to refuse to pay for my treatments, therapies, etc?

You can offer to remain at home without pay. However, your employer will be within his/her rights to reject your offer. If you do stay at home, your employer is no longer required to provide workers compensation since you are able to work and are staying home in contradiction to your doctor's orders.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
By "workman's compensation", are you referring to a paycheck, or does this also apply to coverage of my therapies?
It pertains to your entire claim including any therapies and further treatment.