Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

My wife filed a counterpetition against me with grounds of

My wife filed a counterpetition against me with grounds of cruelty. I have no police report against me and there is nothing is mine or my wifes medical records proving this. What steps do attourneys use to prove this? Also, I think I may have been tape recorded by my mother-in-law in my house when I had the intent of the conversation being private. Is this legal to use as evidence in the court?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

If there are no police reports and no doctors reports to prove there was ever any physical abuse, it is almost impossible to prove because it will be a case of her word against yours. Her lawyer may try to find eyewitnesses who saw bruises on her body or who may testify that they know you have a bad temper, or are prone to violence, but this also would need proof. Blind accusations do not sit very well with Judges.

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

That is the only way I get paid.

Your question will not close when you prss "ACCEPT" and you may ask follow up questions for clarification, if you like

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!