Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My companion has named me sole benefactor in his will, can

My companion has named me sole benefactor in his will, can his ex wife contest the will when he dies.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

What state is your companion in?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Arkansas

Response: Yes, his wife can contest the Will. Also, the wife may be entitled by Statute for some interest in the estate. The Arkansas official web site is currently down and I am uanble to cite to you a specific section of the Code. Arkansas Wills and Probate can be found in Title 28 of Arkansas Code.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So the ex wife, although it was proven when they divorced that she recieved more than half of their estate, still has grounds to contest his will

No, let's try this again.

His ex-wife cannot contest the Will. I read your question wrong as Wife instead of ex-wife.

Sorry for the confusion.