legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas

I just found out my grandmother passed away a few months ago.

I just found out my grandmother passed away a few months ago. I was left her complete estate and funds. My cousin was supposedly trying to 'find' me for the past few months and did today. I am supposed to meet her next week to get some information about what was left to me and how to acquire it. She told me there isn't anyone i need to contact. I find that slightly suspicious. Is there anything I can do or anyone I can contact to make sure I receive everything that was left to me? Unfortunately I don't know what banks she used or any of that information.
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
Once you meet with your cousin you should be given a copy of her Will or the probate court information in which her Will was entered to be probated. There should be contact info for the court and possibly attorney if one has been retained.