Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

is it legal to help a client retrieve funds from a company

Customer Question

is it legal to help a client retrieve funds from a company who scammed them?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 4 years ago.

What is the state?

What exactly is he action you plan to take?

What is your profession as you said client?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well There are all These internet listing companies that list timeshares for sale on the internet. They lead there clients to believe that they have buyers for there timeshare and really never sell them. So i am trying to verify if Its legal to have my clients pay my company 25 monthly until they get a refund from the said listing agency. I would have my client sign a limited revocable power of attorney And would from there represent them on behalf of getting there lost moneys back.

If there is anything legal wrong with the idea please let me know all aspects.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
You cannot represent someone in a legal matter, even with a power of attorney, as it would be considered the unauthorized practice of law. This would be a breach of contract claim and you are representing them to resolve the breach of contract and as such would be practicing law without a license as you are negotiating a legal matter on their behalf.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so would i need an attorney to work with us?
Yes, you would require an attorney to do the work with you.