Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My wife has been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy, (MD) and

My wife has been diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy, (MD) and is in a walker. Between her health failing, and her memory depleting, as her husband I am struggling with 2 part time jobs, as well trying to spend time at home cleaning the house and cooking and taking care of my son who also has MD. My wife's MD did not progress until her late 40's, and now at 55 she is in a walker. Because that while it was our decision for her to be a stay at home mom to raise our son and not place him into a daycare center, though she worked from 1973 to 1988 then then worked a few years at the school while my son was in school, now that she cannot work, when i asked about getting disability to help me take care of her, we were denied 2 years ago, then when i inquired again, we could not file, because she would not have enough quarters. is there any recourse to help financially to bring in a person just to help me out. I have 2 with a disease that will eventually lead to death.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Sure apply here for medicaid for both.They may be able to get in home services thorugh medicaid.You should also apply for food stamps as well.That might help your budget overall.They should discuss these options with you for both your wife and son.I admire you for all you have perdevered with.

Apply here for medicaid.

http://www.health.state.ny.us/health_care/medicaid/program/
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your answer;
Our son is all set, we got him medicaid around 18 years old, as well as guardianship he is now 22. When I tried for medicade for my wife back in 06 we had too many assets, since then we slowly ran out of money. So we can I suppose try it again.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your answer;
Our son is all set, we got him medicaid around 18 years old, as well as guardianship he is now 22.  When I tried for medicade for my wife back in 06 we had too many assets,  since then we slowly ran out of money.  So we can I suppose try it again. 
Expert:  Ray replied 6 years ago.
Please try again.It would be great for you to get her community care, free meds.it can be a real blessing here.Medicaid for both would get you some respite care.