Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I receive an abstract of judgement-civil and small claims due

I receive an abstract of judgement-civil and small claims due for not paying a credit card due finacial crisis. Lost my job, and I am a dialysis patient which makes me disable. I tried making payments but they were asking for half of the amount , i could nt make the payment. Now what are the steps for me to take in order for them to take this involuntarily lien off my record. I am in the state of California on Monterey county
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
If a judgment has been entered, the only thing you can do is pay off the debt (or settle it) or file bankruptcy and have the debt discharged.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So meaning that they may take payments--- not do and when the payment is paid off how long will the lien remain in effect?
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.
Yes, they'll probably accept a payment plan.

A judgment is good for 10 years in Ca.