legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas

We have an adopted son 12 years old with dx of RAD, ODD and

Customer Question

We have an adopted son 12 years old with dx of RAD, ODD and ADHD. We also think Narcissism d/o. We were told he had ADHD five years ago and our concerns for mental health issues were scuffed away. We were denied the right to have him evaluated by a psychiatrist of our own and our concern that his biological father was said to have antisocial personality d/o was also made light of. This child, we are convinced, is on the road to becoming a sociopath as he gets older. He has no empathy for anyone. He is like a lost soul. My husband and I have him in therapy weekly since we adopted him, he has only gotten worse. He defies authority and rebels against any type of discipline. Presently he is in a mental hospital on a Baker Act after threatening my life. He desperately wants to go back into the foster system, 'for a better family, with not so many rules', First, do we have any legal recourse against the agency and can we dissolve the adoption without losing my nursing license?
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
Yes you dissolve the adoption and it should not affect your nursing license as long as you do it through the court system and just do not abandon him. You may be able to sue the agency if you can show they knew there was something wrong and that they purposely withheld information or prohibited you from finding out the issues on your own until after you finalized the adoption.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
given general info that I already knew.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.