Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

my boyfriend came to miami july 25, 2007 and he is italian.

Customer Question

my boyfriend came to miami july 25, 2007 and he is italian. they stopped him for no reason and started to ask questions in english knowing that he did not understand. they asked him if he wanted to live here and stay here and he said yes because he thought it was being asked in the future and he was denied entry. i told him to apply for his canadian citizenship and i told him that i would come for him. so in august 22,2008 i did just that. i went to pick him up and attempted to go through the border at buffalo. we were stopped. they had him sign papers that he did not know what they said and gave him a 5 year ban. how do i challenge this. there was a case in which the same thing happened to a canadian and he took it to court and won and it was told that canadians can not banned from the united states. how do i challenge this. he has never overstayed. each time there was no one to spaek to him in italian. in a us court a translator would be present.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question

It sounds to me also that it is an abuse of their power. And it is not up to them who gets to enter the United States and who to ban. More importantly, they should know better than to have someone who does not know the English language sign something when he clearly does not know what he is signing. You would need a good immigration attorney; They would be well versed in banning someone from entry into the United States.

Call the Florida State Bar Association and the Bar Association for the County in which you live. Ask for their "Lawyer Referral Service"; Consultations are usually free. Tell them what your problem is, speak to a few attorneys, ask questions and then select the one with whom you feel the most comfortable. If you cannot afford a lawyer, ask for the names of lawyers who charge on a sliding scale.

________________________________________________________

Your question will not close and when you press "ACCEPT" you may ask follow up questions, if you want

That is the only way I get paid

Positive Feedback and BONUS are not required but they are a nice way to show you appreciate the expert's time and effort

If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me by typing your name at the beginning of your question

____________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do you think that i have a chance of having this ban overturned
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
do i have a chance with a good immigration attorney of having this case overturned

You have an excellent chance of having the ban overturned when the lawyer shows the Judge that your boyfriend did not speak the language, that none of the border patrol officials spoke Italian and that nobody even tried to explain to your boyfriend what he was signing.

________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR