Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Practing General Attorney,
5180018

I have a Commerical Building with 4 Rental units, One tenant

I have a Commerical Building with 4 Rental units, One tenant is two months past due on his rent payment. What do i have to do to make him catch up with the rent? And if he he does not, how can i evict him? Henry
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.

If the tenant fails to pay rent when due, then the landlord may terminate the rental agreement by giving the tenant notice that the tenant has three days from the date of notice in which to pay the rent or the rental agreement is terminated. If the tenant fails to pay rent within those three days, then the owner may terminate the rental agreement and the resident shall immediately deliver possession of the dwelling unit to the landlord. §47-8-33(D).

If the tenant fails to pay the full amount of the rent or vacate the property then you will have to fill in court to seek an order of possession to kick the tenant out and obtain a court order awarding you the dollar amount owed.