Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Good Morning, I was charged with Sex Bat/ injury not likely

Good Morning,

I was charged with Sex Bat/ injury not likely 794.011(5) on my wife at the time. Adjudicaton of Guilt was witheld. I have complied with all requirements and have had no other kind of incident with the law with the exception of a traffice violation since the incident. I am required to register as a "Sex Offender" and have done so with no infractions.
This year is the 10 year mark, is there anything that I can do to get this label off of me? My ex-wife (Victim) is willing to write a letter to the courts if need be to see if this can be done. Please advise.

Respectfully,

xxxxxxxxxxxx

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Unfortunately, it is very unlikely to change that order. Unless your state passes a law that makes it unconstitutional to register as a sex offender unless you actually are found guilty, you won't be able to make it un-stick. Florida has not yet done that, but some states have. I suggest writing your representative about this.

Best of luck in your matter. I'm here if you need any more clarification or follow up information.

I hope you found my answer helpful, and if so please click on the ACCEPT button. This is the only way for me to get credit for my work - when you put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time with you unless you press ACCEPT.

There is no fee for follow up questions should you wish to continue in this thread.

Remember, sometimes the law under which your situation falls does not give you the outcome or the choices you wanted - please understand that this is not the attorney's fault, but the way of circumstance.

There might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be appreciated!

You can always request me for a future legal consultation through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=7286322&FID=7 If you do this, make sure to begin the question with “This Question is for Eli…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for replying so quickly. By representative who are you referring to?

Very welcome. You have both a Florida Representative and a Florida Senator for the state's congress representing you:http://www.flsenate.gov/Welcome/index.cfm?CFID=211106746&CFTOKEN=74418022http://www.myfloridahouse.gov/sections/representatives/representatives.aspx