Steinlaw, Attorney
Experience:  8+ years as an insurance adjuster, 7+ years as a personal injury and consumer law attorney

How do I find a workers comp case on-line

Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
Are you a party to the case?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No I am not. My sister lives with a guy who filed a workers comp case in 2003. (At my suggestion). The problem here is that my sister and this guy are cons and lie when it comes to relaying the actual facts of their case to my parent(s) and me. My parents (and now just my father) have been duped for thousands of dollars from them because they 'have no money'. I'm the executor for my father's estate and have power of attorney for him. I've had enough watching the money fly out of his checking account and I'm really sick of the lies telling my father and me that the settlement will come in about 2 weeks. My father shows signs of dementia so he forgets what they have told him previously.

I visited the attorney and he told me that the last Mandatory Settlement hearing was public information and that I could obtain it. He wouldn't tell me how to obtain it. My nephew (who lives with my father and is ALSO receiving assistance from my father) went to the last hearing and told me that they are asking $400,000 and figures that the California State Fund Workers Comp insurance will come back with $300-$350,000. and that they will accept. (ha - they say that now of course).

Can you please help me find this public information? Anything would be helpful if it will point me in the right direction.

Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
This is going to be difficult to find. However, all cases are before the Workers Comp Appeals Board. You can see the link here:

I would start by finding the office closest to where he worked. They should be able to give you the information you need.

Good luck!