Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Is EtG ROUTINELY USED IN PA for probation

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
EtG is a new test used to detect the use of alcohol and if the probation prohibits alcohol use then routine testing is used while on probation and they do use the EtG testing on request depending on the lab in PA and it is not prohibited under the law.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The regular tests costs $ 11.00 , The EtG is more expensive. Is EtG the routine or a follow up. Legal in court ?
Which test is used is up to the probation office and the court. The test is allowed as a routine test if ordered by the court and it detects use of alcohol further out than a regular test and it is routine when the court or probation believes there is a drinking problem that needs to be controlled and doing more frequent tests is not practical for the probation office and the court and yes it is legal in court.