How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Maverick Your Own Question

Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4266
Experience:  13+ years experience in litigation and business law;
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbors continue to make false claims against me to my

Resolved Question:

My neighbors continue to make false claims against me to my landlord and the condo association claiming excessive noise. I live alone, watch TV by myself, go to bed at 10:30 every night and have been as cooperative as I possibly can. They complain even about this, but if I have guests on a weekend (the number of times I could count on one hand since she moved in last July) - forget it! She says I'm turning my home into a "college dorm" when I had 2 people over and we up late talking. They claim they hear vibrations, so I installed accoustic panels, rearranged my living room so the TV was as far away from the shared wall as possible, even offered to contribute to the cost of soundproofing their wall with special drywall. She is an attorney so had someone in her firm send a certified letter that she was going to file an action to enforce her right of quiet enjoyment of her property! Now she is filing false complaints that my dog barks - I purposely got a bulldog because they don't bark and no one else has ever heard her bark or complain. How can I stop her from harassing me? She has made it VERY clear in several of her emails that she does not like tenants because they 'decrease her property values'.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

The upshot of this is going to be that she is going to use her law degree to intimidate you in court. It does not sound like she is interested in arriving at the truth, but rather just pushing her weight around. For this reason, it would be best to hire an attorney to defend against the nuisance action, if and when she files it. This is so you do not lose on a procedural technicality.


If you cannot afford to do that, either defend yourself and hope you get a fair judge or consider asking her to help you work a deal with the landlord to move out without penalties for breaking the lease early. Maybe then she will start thinking that a known tenant is better than an unknown one that may arrive to replace you.



Please click "Accept" so that I can get credit for this answer. We can continue our conversation after that at no additional charge. Thank you.


You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you by going to or

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What does she need to prove in the nuisance action? I have literally hundreds of emails back and forth between me and her where I have approached her on various occassions asking if my latest solution has helped, her thanking me for being cooperative, saying that the vibrations are not at unreasonable hours, I even had her come into my place to witness how low the volume was and she says in an email that it is strange that she hears vibrations when "it is so low in my place". My neighbors on the other side of me say they have NEVER HEARD A PEEP FROM ME. What is the process for the nuisance action? We would go before a judge? Can I sue her for my legal costs since it is frivolous? Is there any kind of harassment legal action I can take in the meantime? I am not moving out and letting her win. I love my place and have put way too much time and money into making it what it is.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.


You can read about nuisance law above.


You can use the emails to impeach her testimony at a court trial.


You can call your neighbors as witnesses to testify on your behalf.


I would ask for a jury trial so that it limits the power of the judge, just in case she has any connections with the court.


Suing for legal cost and frivolous legal actions is handled by filing a motions for sanctions with the court for filing a frivolous pleading.



Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just one last question and I will Accept Answer - is there anything I can do now to charge them with harassment to put them on the defense?
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.


You can try to file a harassment compliant with the police if you can fit the conduct under the law at the link above.

Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4266
Experience: 13+ years experience in litigation and business law;
Maverick and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions