JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 11 years in practice as a litigator ... civil and criminal

My son was in jail waiting trial and was beaten, tazed and

My son was in jail waiting trial and was beaten, tazed and put in a straight jacket..Cut his wrist put back in the same cell and cut the other wrist...after court he was put into a holding cell and he was hit in the eye...hah 2 fractures and his eye socket was crushed ..he had to have surgery. what can be done about all the abuse?? Thanks in advance
Expert:  JD replied 6 years ago.

Whether this abuse is inflicted by the guards or other inmates it is the duty of the jail to maintain a safe atmosphere and prevent your son from such heinous acts. You need a civil rights attorney to help you in filing this claim. Normally I recommend you seek counsel from another jurisdiction since most local attorneys will hesitate to sue local public officials.

One way to find a good lawyer is to use an online directory such as where you can search by practice area (civil rights) and geographical location. If you are unable to find a civil rights attorney within a reasonable proximity to your location, you should try your local legal aid office.

Please reply if I can help further.

Remember to click ACCEPT only when you are satisfied with your answers. This is how we get paid for our time with your questions. I would also appreciate any positive feedback you could provide. If you are not satisfied then please reply to me so I can further assist you or find someone else to help. I am not your attorney. Therefore no attorney-client relationship exists and any communications on this website are not subject to the attorney-client privilege. For this reason, please do not divulge any personal information and use this site only for hypothetical questions. This forum is for general questions and answers and I cannot provide you with applicable law or legal opinions or advice in your jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a competent attorney in your jurisdiction. While I can answer general questions and discuss general legal principles, I cannot give you legal advice in your state. The internet is a great place to get general information but should not be seen as a substitute for the attorney-client relationship or the services of a good lawyer in your state.