Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

can i sue the lawyer that i had in my auto accident for mis

can i sue the lawyer that i had in my auto accident for mis lending me in to beleiving that he was going to sue the driver of the gov. truck that ran into the car i was a passenager in,i think he did to get my money out of my settlement because i went to him only to see if he could find out about the status of my claim i had all ready file my self 6 months prior to seeing him,i did not go there for him to sue any one,and also you can not sue a gov employee and the gov.both for the same accident ,then he settled my claim for half of what i ask for and then made me paid hospital bills out off it and he fix it to were it was 1/3 of my settlement and he kept a 3th of it ,and i got a 3th minus the police report he sent for that he did not need,he did nothing for me but cost me money ,he had about 2 hours involed for what i needed done and that was a phone call and a letter to the usps, was i done fair/

Good Evening

Thank you for your questio.

If a lawyer acts contrary to the instructions of a client and as a result the client suffers a financial loss, the client can sue for legal malpractice. Before taking any steps toward suing, to be better prepared, and to protect yourself, first make a list of all the things on which you gave him instructions which the attorney did not do; Then list how you suffered a loss.

If you need anything further, let me know and I will be glad to clarify; Your question will not close when you press "ACCEPT" and you can ask follow up questions without charge.

Please press "ACCEPT" so I get credit for assisting you

That is the only way I get paid

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i think i read some where that a head injury was worth more when it came the making a settlement with an insurance company from and auto accident ;is this true,/ and after 3 weeks of the head injury my child can't remember anything much now,also in a head on wreck shouldn't the air bag come out,?had it of deployed she may not of hurt her head,what can i do with that case?