Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

if you are charged with something and were already sentenced

Customer Question

if you are charged with something and were already sentenced what would the need be to bring you back to court before the projected release date be??
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Good Evening,

Could you give me a few facts surrounding this individual being brought back to Court ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he was brought into court and forced to go on the stand to testify as a witness despite the numerous times he said he could be of no help he did not see the persons face who commited the crime and he did not want to have to testify when he was brought to the stand they questioned him and he told them that he did not want to testify so he was charged with criminal contempt and told he had to serve 30 days on the information that its provided for him it says that the projected release date is for 5/15 and he has a court date for 5/7
what we do not understand is what he would have to go to court for if he was already sentenced for the 30 days

They can bring him in and put him on the stand again to testify; If he does not, the Judge can hold him in Contempt again and sentence him to more jail time.

It does not sound fair or right , but the Judge has the power to do that and, unfortunately, it is done often. I don't know if that is the case here, but I do not have enough facts to give any other opinion.

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

Your question will not close and when you press "ACCEPT" you may ask follow up questions, if you want

That is the only way I get paid

Positive Feedback and BONUS are not required but they are a nice way to show you appreciate the expert's time and effort

If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me by typing your name at the beginning of your question

____________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!