Cedric, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer with several years of litigation experience in civil and criminal law.

so if you owe federal restitution, and chose to get married;

so if you owe federal restitution, and chose to get married; they cannot put leins on your spouses property/income/assets?
Expert:  Cedric replied 6 years ago.
So long as the debt pre-exists the marriage and you sign a pre-nuptial that states that each spouse's debt acquired prior to the marriage is theirs and theirs alone, then they cannot put a lien on the spouse's property, income, or assets.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
does that apply to his company as well. and even though I owe I have been paying each month, never late!! the rest. is $20000 a month I pay $1800.00 trying to pay it off ASAP forn7 years. can I get it esponged before paid off.
Expert:  Cedric replied 6 years ago.
Yes, that applies to his company as well, so long as you don't have any ownership stake in it. If you are making separate payments, they won't be effected likewise. You may be able to get it expunged before you have to pay it off it entirely.