MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

If I meet with my sons lawyer to discuss his case, will my

If I meet with my son's lawyer to discuss his case, will my conversation with him be confidential or can the lawyer discuss our exchange with anyone? If the lawyer tape records our conversation does he have to let me know that he has a tape recorder on before we begin to speak?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the post, how old is your son?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My son is an adult.
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
ok, unless yours son is mentally disabled, his attorney has no obligation to speak with you and that conversation is not subject to the attorney-client privilege since you are not the client. Indiana is a one-party state, meaning so long as one party to the conversation is aware of the recording, the recording is legal.