MShore
MShore, Attorney
Experience:  Negotiate, Draft, and Review many complex commercial agreements each year.
17924466

in Blanco Co., TX, USA, my brother died without a will. I

in Blanco Co., TX, USA, my brother died without a will. I and the 4 other heirs have filed an affidavit of heirship at the Blanco Co. Courthouse and the deed has been put in our names. There is a man who lived with my brother who did not pay rent or have a lease. He feels he is entitled to the house and property. We need him to move to the house can have repairs done and then we plan to sell the house. Does this man have a legal status as a tenant? Must we go thru the eviction process of Blanco County?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the post, yes if the person is permitted to stay in the home then a tenancy is created, and you would have to evict him.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can evictions be "handled" from another state? I am elderly and not able to travel to TX. Neither can the other heirs. Could we give a relative who lives in TX, but who is not one of heirs, some type of specifc power of attorney to handle this for us?
Expert:  MShore replied 7 years ago.

Yes, you can give PoA to any one to handle the eviction.