Cedric
Cedric, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer with several years of litigation experience in civil and criminal law.
14986957

I had a fellow employee call me on the job. This person said

I had a fellow employee call me on the job. This person said that he had understood another fellow employee say that I had said some things concerning his work performance. I feel as though I had been baited into a arguement. This person said some things that provoked me to anger. I in turn said some things that I know I should'nt have said. As a result in was given a written warning by my boss. I did not initiate the conversation.None of the things that this person said that I had said were true.He told me that the negative information that he had received concerning his work performance came from our boss.This turned out to be untrue. This person gave false information,called me a liar,provoked an arguement,and reported me to my boss for threating to kick his butt.This I know was wrong.He pushed and pushed,talked over and down to me until he got a response.My question is does his actions constitute Harrasment?
Expert:  Cedric replied 6 years ago.
His actions could constitute harassment, but unless they were caused due to a protected characteristic (such as your race, sex, national origin, or religion), you would only have a cause of action against your fellow employee for defamation and infliction of emotional distress, and don't have a cause of action against your employer for having a hostile work environment.