Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.

When a officer . put handcuffs on you and take you to jail

Customer Question

When a officer . put handcuff's on you and take you to jail .dose he /or dose he not have to read you your right's.
Submitted: 6 years ago via RocketLawyer.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 years ago.

Good evening. Yes, once you are under arrest or in custody, you must be read your Miranda rights.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.