legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  Attorney-Business degree from The University of Texas
4622441

If I decide to rent out a room, if person does not work out

If I decide to rent out a room, if person does not work out how many days notice do I need to give for notice

IF you do not have a written lease, then they are month and to month, and as long as they have not been there for more than a year you have to give 30 days notice that they must move. If they have lived there for 12 months or more you have to give 60 days notice.

If you have a written lease you should have a clause in the lease that you will have to give 30 days notice if you are going to terminate, not renew the lease, then you have to give 30 days notice.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I drew up a month to month rental agreement. Individual has lived in my home for close to a year, but is now causing problems which is making us incompatible, he put a lock on his door, broke the floor board in kitchen did not repair it or help to have it repaired. He doesnt help clean, If Ive indicated to him that I want him to move in June is that sufficient time? Also, do I need to subscribe to get further info

You will need to give 30 days written notice, so if you want it out by June 1 give written notice tomorrow on May 1st.

You do not need to subscribe, but once you have received your answers please just accept so that I receive payment.