Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

I have custody of my son and his father has visitation. I am

I have custody of my son and his father has visitation. I am putting my son on the stand to testify on some issues. His father took him to his lawyer at a dinner arrangment and his 2 lawyers drilled my son for 1 1/2 hrs on questions about me. They are trying to say that i'm cohabitating with a friend so my ex doesn't have to pay me alimoney. Is what they did legal? they took 6 pages of notes!
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 6 years ago.

Hello there:

It is legal, but it is probably pretty good evidence that dad is not acting in son's best interest; furthermore, you have a right to collect information about anything and everything that was discussed at that dinner and copies of the notes.

Request production of the documents and consider deposing any of the people from the dinner. You can even put the attorneys on the stand at trial if you wish.