How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29153
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

american expres sued me for $ 11,000 (original debt was less

Resolved Question:

american expres sued me for $ 11,000 (original debt was less than $ 9,000) I don't know whaty to do. I just received a request for entry of default, I don't know what I should do?
I asked an attorney and they said the olny thing i can do is file for chapter 7 .
I am trying to do a Loan Mod on my home and I can't file !! I what can I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
When did you get served? How much time do you need to get a loan mod? After you get it are you considering bankruptcy?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I got served the end of February and I misser the court hering on march 9th.

I am not sure how much time I need for a Loan Mod I am in the beginning of the process with NACA.(it could take up to 3 months to be approved and other 6 months on a trial payment plan)!!

If I get a Loan Mod I probably would like to file for bankruptcy ( I own around $ 70,000 in CC and they are all in collections right now) stopped paying last Sept because i didn't have a job.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Was the default judgment entered yet? What type of hearing was on March 9th? That is awful early in the process, are you sure that wasn't just your answer date?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

A summon (complain) was filed in superior court on Feb 5th 2010.

A case disposition hearing on March 9th 2010 at 8:30 am that i did not go because I thought I was filing for chapter 13. That did not work out for me and didn t file anymore but missed to go to the I received a Request for " Entry of default"...

I really don't know what to do now...and everytime i call an attorney they tell me the only thing i can do is to call them back when i am ready to file for bankrupcty!!

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
The complaint was filed on 2/5 but you said you got served at the end of February. When?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry i did not remember the date until I looked up!! It was filed on the 5th and i received it on the 6th of Feb (Saturday )someone delivered to my door but I didn't need to sign "he said"! I would like to know what do I need to do now and what happen if I do not answer to this?Is it possible to find an attorney that would be able to help me to file an answer back?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
It is possible ti find an attorney to assist you. He may be able to get the judge to allow you to file an answer and prevent a default. Essentially, you are just trying to buy time to file your bankruptcy so an attorney would be a wise investment. They should be able to buy you a few months at least.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29153
Experience: Began practicing law in 1992
Dwayne B. and 9 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.