Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

american expres sued me for $ 11,000 (original debt was less

american expres sued me for $ 11,000 (original debt was less than $ 9,000) I don't know whaty to do. I just received a request for entry of default, I don't know what I should do?
I asked an attorney and they said the olny thing i can do is file for chapter 7 .
I am trying to do a Loan Mod on my home and I can't file !! I what can I do?
When did you get served? How much time do you need to get a loan mod? After you get it are you considering bankruptcy?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I got served the end of February and I misser the court hering on march 9th.

I am not sure how much time I need for a Loan Mod I am in the beginning of the process with NACA.(it could take up to 3 months to be approved and other 6 months on a trial payment plan)!!

If I get a Loan Mod I probably would like to file for bankruptcy ( I own around $ 70,000 in CC and they are all in collections right now) stopped paying last Sept because i didn't have a job.

Was the default judgment entered yet? What type of hearing was on March 9th? That is awful early in the process, are you sure that wasn't just your answer date?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

A summon (complain) was filed in superior court on Feb 5th 2010.

A case disposition hearing on March 9th 2010 at 8:30 am that i did not go because I thought I was filing for chapter 13. That did not work out for me and didn t file anymore but missed to go to the hearing...now I received a Request for " Entry of default"...

I really don't know what to do now...and everytime i call an attorney they tell me the only thing i can do is to call them back when i am ready to file for bankrupcty!!

The complaint was filed on 2/5 but you said you got served at the end of February. When?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry i did not remember the date until I looked up!! It was filed on the 5th and i received it on the 6th of Feb (Saturday )someone delivered to my door but I didn't need to sign "he said"! I would like to know what do I need to do now and what happen if I do not answer to this?Is it possible to find an attorney that would be able to help me to file an answer back?
It is possible ti find an attorney to assist you. He may be able to get the judge to allow you to file an answer and prevent a default. Essentially, you are just trying to buy time to file your bankruptcy so an attorney would be a wise investment. They should be able to buy you a few months at least.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.