Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer (JD)
Experience:  25 years experience in general law, including real estate, criminal, traffic, and domestic relations

hi just one question please , my wife and i give some money

hi just one question please , my wife and i give some money for a friend to buy a house
because she is morgage broker. but i never ask her to sign a paper. my wife did it
now my wife past away since august 2009 and i have the letter to give back the money
7000 dollars , she mad at me she dont want give back the money. is it legal to ask her to give me back my wife money because i was married with 2 boys?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - You can open an estate for your wife and then sue on behalf of her estate. If the money is owed to your wife then her estate would have to be the plaintiff in the suit. You can use the note as evidence of the debt. You can open the estate in the local probate court in the county where you reside.

Dave Kennett