Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I am a business owner who is having an issue and wondering

I am a business owner who is having an issue and wondering if you would be able to give me information on a way to possibly deal with it.

My Fiancée and I have asthma, as well as several of our customers many of which are kids. We run a gaming and hobby store, where players can play games.

Our Neighbors whom we have a shared bathroom constantly burn incense, in the shared areas despite the fact that we have asked they not to do so because it is causing breathing problems for us, and our customers and explained how it effects our asthma and the dangers to our health.

The building management has refused to help with this issue, and we have no idea what to do. Can you please give us some information or advice as to what we can do from a legal standpoint?

Thank you.
Yes, that is a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The easiest way to resolve it is to have a lawyer write a letter citing the problems and that it is a violation of the ADA. If they refuse to quit burning it you can sue for an injunction to stop them.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you very much, would i need to find a lawer for this service, or is it possible to hire you to write it. if it is posible to hire yoy can you quote me an approx price.
thank you
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to take any work generated on the website. However, any lawyer can write a letter like this. You can find one in your area at the website
a v v o.com (avvo.com) .

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I am sorry to bother you again about this, i am currently trying to get a lawre for the injunction but i wanted to file a title 3 complaint to the civil rights ada division, i have the paperwork but i was wondering if you could give me the Section numbers that they are inviolation of please. <br /><br />thank you for your time,<br />
I'm sorry about the delay. Who are you filing a complaint with?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry for the delay i was out of the area without acces to a computer.

i was going to file a complaint with title 3 complaint to the civil rights ada division
http://www.ada.gov/

Do you need me to copy & paste the previous messages?
I'm sorry, I'm out of town and won't have access to the statutes for a couple of weeks at least, plus even then might not be able to help because they are so fact sensitive. I'm going to open this to other experts to see if they can help. If no one has assisted by the time I get back I will try and help.