Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

i have mold in my bedroom and it has caused me headaches severe

Customer Question

i have mold in my bedroom and it has caused me headaches severe coughing odor in my home I rent a apartment and I talked to the previous tenants and they told me that they left after they noticed the mold and the landlord just scraped it off and painted over it and now im sick from it he knows about it what actions should I take?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

Thank you for your question.

Inform the landlord that you have mold and that you understand from speaking to the previous tenant that they had the same problem. This must be done in writing so that you have proof and the landlord cannot deny that you told him. Include in the letter that you have become ill from the mold. Also say that time is of the essence and if it is not corrected within 5 days from the date of your letter, you will have to leave the apartment (or bring in a company to correct the problem and deduct it from the rent, whatever your preference is).

_____________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

Your question will not close and when you press "ACCEPT" you may ask follow up questions, if you want

That is the only way I get paid

Positive Feedback and BONUS are not required but they are a nice way to show you appreciate the expert's time and effort

If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me by typing your name at the beginning of your question

____________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback