Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Im a commercial tenant and Ive been under an eviction

Customer Question

I'm a commercial tenant and I've been under an eviction case in Miami Dade County, Florida, and due to the Lanlord has rejected to refund me a security deposit in the amount of $6,700.00 I've been responding and fighting the case by myself. On Monday April 26, 2010, the Court issued a writ of possession, which was notified to me by the Sheriff on this Friday April 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM, giving me 24 hours to move out from the premises. Nevertheless, today Friday April 30, 2010 at approximately 2:00 PM, which was before the Sheriff posted the 24 hours eviction notice, I filed in the Court a motion requesting to cancel the writ of possession and asking the Court to authorize me a stay of 30 days to have sufficient time to move out my business belongings. The Court's employee told me that they would let the Sheriff know about this motion, but I think that the Sheriff didn't get on time the information from the Court.
What could happen in this situation? Does this 24 hours include weekends?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.What do you want to accomplish?