JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Experience:  Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

Our kindergardener ,for saying a bad word was sent outside

Our kindergardener ,for saying a bad word was sent outside his classroom with the door closed for dicipline. He then "ranaway" from school walking past the office and off school grounds he was found crying by three strangers several blocks away who (thank goodness) took him back to school, we have talked to the principle and student services who pretty much said the same thing that it should not have happened there goal is to not let it happen again to someone else and to write a letter to the superintendent as we felt that his teacher telling the principle she shoud not have left him unsupervised was not a enough she has yet to say she was sorry for anything. We then wrote letter to the editor of our local paper to thank the people that found him and returned him to the school he emailed me back saying Hello,
We decided it's best not to publish the letter because it indicates an apparent action by the school that could end up in a lawsuit. so I ask do we have a lawsuit?
Expert:  JB Umphrey replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I do not know why the Editor shared such an opinion with you. Nothing that you've described suggests a basis for the school district to be sued.

Good luck and best wishes for better days ahead. I hope that you find this information to be helpful and this answer to be ACCEPTable!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok when I drop this six year old off at school every moring it is to what I thought a safe place as do all the parents and others leaveing there childern pretty much worry free because school is "safe". Then the main adult in his school day his teacher puts him outside behind a closed door out of her sight she is no longer makeing it a safe place. If I was to put him outside at home and shut the door for being bad the cops would be called c p s would come maybe remove him from my home because I was not insureing his safty."child endangerment"? He should never have been left unattended he should never had been able to get off campus he walked past the school office unseen? My fear of what could have been is the drive behind my response to yours,he was missing with noone even nowing for at least 10 min of not more thank you for your time...
I understand your concern. Those are valid points to raise with and work with the school on.

In your situation, however, you have not suffered any "damages". Your son was not harmed/injured.

Hope this helps clarify things.